Save some time and energy by doing it in the slow cooker!
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 6 hours
For the crockpot:
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3/4 cup yellow split peas (or add more lentils)
- 8–10 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups potatoes (peeled and cubed))
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Add at the end:
- 2–3 cups kale (stems removed, chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- In the blender place about 4 cups of soup with the olive oil
- Blend until you get a semi-smooth and creamy looking.
- Add back to the pot and stir to combine.
- Stir in the kale and parsley.
- Add some parmesan cheese on top and serve.
- Soak your lentils overnight.
- The taste gets better with time and so does the texture.