First trimester is normal to feel tired, don’t worry it will pass. Remember you are growing a little human, your body is going through so many physical and hormonal changes (hormones may have a sleep-inducing effect).
By the third trimester during pregnancy again the bathroom breaks and physical discomfort may interfere with your sleep.
You need to rest during the day to recover!
- Plan rest periods or take naps during the day
Sleep lightly or a short sleep but try them to last around 60 to 90 minutes (1 to 1:30 hours) especially during the day, this is good for you and for your baby.
- Elevate your legs, avoid crossing them.
This takes the pressure off the veins and improves circulation, reducing swelling.
- Positioning while resting
Remember “SOS” Sleep On Side and left side even better, this helps a better blood flow and nutrients to reach the placenta and is really good for you and your baby.
- Use Young Living Essential Oils in the diffuser
Gives you a calm and peaceful sense during nap time.
– 4 to 5 drops of Lavender, most popular for restful sleep and perfect for a nap time.
– 4 to 5 drops of Frankincense, which has a deep woodsy scent great for mental rest.